Combat Your Child's Talk-back Attitude


We appreciate our children being open to us and talking about things that bother them. But this is the situation that is getting us upset, when we hear them talk-back.  Like you, I have been experiencing too much stress hearing my child answering-back whenever I discipline her for something wrong she did, it started when my older child was eight-year old.  
I am really troubled how I can regulate her.  It really made lose my temper that sometimes I cannot help but mildly hit her. Still, that hitting did not give her a lesson to learn to avoid her being like that again.  The “answering-back” is made worst by her unruly look – eyes piercingly-sharp matched with her creasing forehead.  Who will not explode, if you are the mother seeing and hearing your youngster that way?




Here is a sure-fire way to smash that rebellious behavior, I learned this from one of my bestfriends, Maria Fe Espedillon – I just asked her what she does to keep her child’s mouth shut while she is scolding her and it worked for me too:

1. Talk to your child while you are not angry and tell her about your feeling that is getting worse (being angry) when you hear her talk-back justifying her wrong-doings. She may not know that justification will worsen the ongoing situation.

2. Tell her that she should avoid this and just answer obediently with a “Yes, mom..”

3. Tell her what will be the consequence if she talks back aside from irritating you more, remind her of your actions – that if you are infuriated, bigger chance she might get “hurt” physically.

4. And most of all, however good her intention is if a thing is done the wrong way- it cannot be justified in any way.

5. Remind her about God’s promise that “An obedient child is rewarded with a blessed future”…and tell her some stories of somebody you know who have been blessed because of their obedience to their parents. Bible verse:

Ephesians 6:1-3 NKJV
1Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2"Honor your father and mother," which is the first commandment with promise: 3"that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth."


Feel free to add your opinion and suggestions, two heads are always better than one,  your comments are welcome too.

If you happen to like what you have read, please plus, tweet, pin it, re-share it on G+ or Fb (share buttons below this post or there is another at the side bar on the left of the blog) and thank you very much for recommending this Magazine to Google by hitting the G+ button on the top-left corner of the HOME page :) Also follow Family, Daily Living & Style Google Page to see posts posted earlier at a glance with the images and summary for easy selection. Follow my Pinterest

I hope I have shared with you some good advice that me and my friend have tried and tested J And we hope that it will work for you dear mom-friends. We wish you happy parenting! Have a blessed day ahead…Good morning to all it is 10:22 am here in my country today, Wednesday.



.

No comments:

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Family, Daily Living & Style by Angelita Galiza-Madera is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.