Reaction Paper : Mamasapano, Maguindanao Massacre (Fallen 44)

Until now I still have this ill feeling about the recent news headlines on the killing of forty-four men from SAF (Special Action Force) police unit. Seeing the pictures posted on Philippine's ABS-CBN, almost all of them are young at age.  Hearing and meeting the bereaved families' sentiments has unmatched effect on me.  Their children are still young too, the other families who hailed from Samar have just started to move on from the tragic storm surge caused by Typhoon Yolanda.  They could not be blame thinking they are cursed...



Robert (alias), a survivor of the clash as interviewed by a reporter, told the reporters that one of his injured friend-comrade begged him not to leave him there. But he failed to give in to that request.  Robert said, he had to escape for his own life and so that he can bring their message to their families.

Courtesy of Wikipedia.org
He tells the story of a comrade who has sacrificed his life to help him escape.  It melts my heart that  most of the deceased men Robert saw, held their mobile phones on their last breath...they died while looking on the phone trying to reach their love ones.  And makes me feel hate to know that a rebel even stole the uniform (as a belief that it is a sign of victory) and mobile phone of one of the deceased men and still have the guts to answer the call of the grieving family introducing himself, telling them (who are still hoping that their kin was still alive) that he has the phone and they were all dead. How brutal that is?!  Being on the shoes of these grieving families, I may not opt for peace with them.  I want them dead too.  They are too cruel to have butchered them, news said it was overkill. Shooting the men on faces and almost ripping their bodies off with their bullets, the remains of most were not able to be viewed in a mirrored casket, the head part was covered. How can we have mercy for the militants who have inflicted such brutality to our fellow human beings?  

We, Filipinos, hope for peace with the militants (the BIFF Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters and MILF + Abu Sayaff) and continue the long-been awaited Peace Talk Agreement. To avoid future massive deaths like it, there is no choice at all - sorry to the victims' families...the government has decided to continue what has been started on peace negotiations.

Reports said that the SAF Team was only there to capture/assassinate a Malaysian terrorist Zulkifli Bin Hir aka Marwan (with a US$ 5M bounty) and a Filipino co-hort Abdul Basit Usman  that is hiding near the area-that is known to be the BIFF's territory; that the case just happened to be a misunderstanding with the rebel troops thinking the former as the target. What a waste if that is true!  The rebels deny of knowing about the SAF's operation and the uniform is not familiar to them as the spokesperson said - that is why they are forced to fight.  As they say, there is no coordination from the side of the government to inform them about it. Blaming is the only thing left to do.

6th February Update 

I recently heard from the news that Robert (survivor) has killed four men from the BIFF troupe while they are asleep in the Mamasapano Camp.  I could not help thinking "good for them..." forgive me, I am just being myself, a human, indeed!

Headlines shouted the absence of President Aquino on the arrival of  the Fallen 44 heroes' corpses in Villamor Airbase in Pasay City, last  January 29. Ony forty-two of them, the two were buried earlier (as per Muslims' tradition). President's deputy spokesperson Abegail Valte said that the "arrival" is not on the president's pre-listed appointments- he is in an inauguration of Mitsubishi Motors plant in Sta. Rosa, Laguna.  Still a pour of criticisms on the president's side.  As on my own opinion, let us not make it a big deal knowing the the President will be in the necrological services the next day-as scheduled, just to arrived thirty minutes late with the bereaved families waiting, whew! Stay calm MAYBE everything is unintentional.

Rumored said that a widow of a policeman from Bataan and her mother-in-law did not accept the plaque given by Aquino. 

Many outsiders believed that it should have been PNP Medal of Valor.  All I know (courtesy of Wikipedia) is that Medal of Valor ranks first on the list of  "Law Enforcement Personal Decorations" and PNP Bravery Medal, fourth.  

If it is true that Marwan was killed by the SAF Commandos, may the million dollar bounty be divided among the families of the policemen.  This will not compensate their lost but somehow will alleviate the financial difficulty losing a breadwinner in the family.  I hope corruption will not enter the scene. News confirmed that the DNA Tests revealed that Marwan is dead.  See link PhilStar.com 

Would you agree with my suggestion of what to do with the million-dollar reward?

I have written an updated "Reaction" of this issue last Feb. 12 which you can see on the Current Issues' page of this site.  The said article has my said about the "senate hearing" and public opinions based on what I have read all over...click this link Fallen 44 Reaction Paper Update.

Please like, share or tweet if you like this post. Your comments will be deeply appreciated. Please follow Family, Daily Living & Style G+ Page to see every post at a glance for easy selection of reading topics..Thanks for reading.

NOTICE: 
19 March 2015
I am finishing my reaction on Mamasapano based on the Board of Inquiry/Senate Probe itself and the Draft of the Report.  As of the moment I am finishing the live streams of the Probe Feb. 12 (5hrs 45mins) and the succeeding dates pertinent  for me to have unbiased reaction.  The latest posting maybe tomorrow. I am trying to finish it today because I want to help you my student readers with your requirements. RP now POSTED

I am only advising you to read it because I am divulging facts based on news reports and the Probe (in a summary) to support my convictions and stand on the issue. The best way you can make your reaction paper is to write it on how you understand it. My sole purpose is not to spoon-feed you with something to submit but give you an idea of the issue. Agree with me or not - your paper will be a stand out if you can defend your reaction supported with facts.  Avoid plagiarism, you can do that by thorough reading and understanding that is why I am putting links to important videos for your perusal.  I am monitoring my site visitors and more than half of it is interested on this current issues I was tackling, I am just worried that you might have a problem once your professor finds out you have plagiarized. So be careful and listen to my advice.

Thanks a lot and hope you will still come back after your assignments to visit my site. 









Post a Comment

Google+ Followers

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
Family, Daily Living & Style by Angelita Galiza-Madera is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.